Innovation in the Marketplace Q+A – Zero Waste Conference 2016 from Metro Vancouver on Vimeo.
Transforming the Marketplace
In this highlight from the 2016 Zero Waste Conference, five business pioneers share their stories in a TEDx-style session and panel. From rethinking material inputs to scaling transformative business models, learn how the circular economy is transforming the marketplace – offering opportunities to eliminate waste while enhancing competitiveness. What innovations are redefining our relationship with stuff – delivering goods and services in new and innovative ways without the waste embedded in current production and consumption patterns? What is driving businesses to innovate? How do we support innovation in the marketplace? Learn what steps they are taking to answer these challenging questions.
- (1:00) How do manufacturers ‘close the loop’ on consumer goods to achieve a truly circular economy?
- (6:45) How can Lego use it influence to change the behaviour of other toymakers and Lego’s suppliers?
- (10:30) What do companies need from government to affect the market dynamics of zero waste efforts?
- (16:30) Why are ‘green’ products so expensive?
- (19:20) Does the belief that technology is the solution to waste end up reinforcing consumer apathy?
- (24:20) What is the one piece of advice the panellists would offer to young entrepreneurs seeking opportunities with a zero waste approach?
The shift to zero waste and circular economy principles will have impacts in all aspect of our lives. To succeed in the face of this massive, fast-approaching change, you need to stay informed. Metro Vancouver’s 2017 Zero Waste Conference is the place to get the insights you can use to adapt. This year’s theme is A Circular Economy Within Reach. The conference will be held on November 1, 2017 at the Vancouver Convention Centre.
Subscribe to this blog (sign up window at right) and stay up to date as we finalize an exciting list of speakers, panels, and presentations. You’ll also reap the benefits of previous conferences as we continue to share the highlights from last year’s event. Metro Vancouver’s 2017 Zero Waste Conference is an event you don’t want to miss. We look forward to seeing you! Register Now
Hello admin, i must say you have very interesting articles here.
Your blog should go viral. You need initial traffic boost only.
How to get it? Search for; Mertiso’s tips go